This ceramic piece features Denesuline artist Alex Janvier’s Morning Star, which is painted on the ceiling of a dome in the Canadian Museum of History. The centre of the piece represents the source of all creation, or the Morning Star, which the Denesuline people used as a travelling guide at night.
Janvier lived on Le Goff Reserve, in Cold Lake, Alberta, until he attended residential school starting at 8 years of age. He is often referred to as the first Indigenous modernist artist in Canada.
Find a home for this piece in your kitchen or dining room as a trivet for your hot pans or dishes, or spruce up a room by using it as a decorative wall hanging.
- This trivet is finished with a cork back to protect your table and kitchen surfaces.
- Enjoy the design on your wall using the convenient hanger
- Designed in Canada. Imported product.
- 15 x 15 cm (6 x 6 inches)
- Packaged in a flat box for easy gift-giving